[rescue] OT: looking for 900Mhz wireless cards (pre-802.11b)

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at .zill.net
Tue May 28 17:08:27 CDT 2002

I have a need for both ends of a point to point link using 900Mhz
wireless.  I can buy the antennas but need the actual radios.

DEC and Enterasys made them under the "Roamabout" brand, and Lucent
called them WaveLAN (and later used this same name for their 2.4GHz
stuff).

These cards have either 1 mbit or 2mbit total throughput which is all
I need.

The 802.11b stuff uses 2.4GHz and doesn't go thru trees as well.

If you have these cheap or lying around, please let me know.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net