[rescue] SS10 HD bracket - now what is...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue May 28 13:47:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Exactly how does it accelerate NFS?

Since the NVSIMM is non-volatile, you can use it to cache the synchronous
writes that NFS v2 requires.  Then you can write them back at your leisure,
and optimize the write patterns.  Without that caching, heavy NFS writing
will have your heads seeking all over the place.

At some point I'd love to play with one...  although might need to get
a second Sparc 10 to do so, I've wanted to play with SMP Linux on my
first one.

--Kurt