[rescue] Re: Mozilla 1.0 RC1 released for Irix

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 28 09:09:54 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:36:44AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Possibly old news, but I just found out.

> RC1 is an order of magnitude faster on my Octane than 0.99, and is
> quickly catching up with Netscape in terms of speed.  And it still
> renders bad HTML like a champ :)

Since they are basically the same code base, I would have expected Netscape
6 and Mozilla 1 to be pretty equal in speed.

I'll have to upgrade tonight.

Frankly at this point, I want more stability more than I want more speed.
0.99 is more stable than prior versions were, but I still feel particularly
crushed when it crashs (since I tend to have a lot of tabs open to pages I
mean to be reading soon).

--
Joshua D. Boyd