[rescue] sgi bootrom Q

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Mon May 27 21:03:05 CDT 2002

Hi all --
I have a 1024x768 flat panel that is currently on a sun box.  On the
sun, I used fbconfig to set the parms for the xserver, and in OBP
used setenv output-device and a patch to get it happy there.

I'd like to use it on an sgi box as well.

I've succeeded in using setmon to get X set up on the sgi for this
guy.  I see that there's a prom environemt variable called 'monitor'
that's currently undefined.  I've been all over the sgi tpl, and am
not finding the syntax to set it to 1024x768 at 76Hz in the prom monitor.

$CLUE, anyone?
thanx,
-ls-