[rescue] Re: AXe v AXi PS

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat May 25 13:38:23 CDT 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:

> AXe uses U5/U10 memory

I thought it used regular SDRAM. AXi uses some of the same memory as
U5/U10.

I have two 1U AXes from Siliconrax... the IDE on them never worked, and it
took them a couple of months to get around to saying "oh, that board is
EOLed, we'll email someone at Sun and see if we can find out what's
wrong"... so much for a "warranty". They're gathering dust at work right
now waiting for me to get around to putting them in bigger cases with SCSI
to see if they're at all usable. And guess who doesn't get any more of my
business. :)