[rescue] Sun serial port woes

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 24 18:22:18 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 05:08:06PM -0600, jodys at helluin.org wrote:

> Tried that, doesn't help. And thats not the thing I'm worried about most,
> it's more the fact that I can't remove power from the terminal or unplug
> it's connection without the system dropping to the prom. Aargh... Thanks
> though.

if you are running solaris, edit /etc/default/kbd and uncomment
KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable or KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate

that will solve your problem.

*disclaimer* i've never used alternate, so i don't know what it's like.

*disclaimer2* diable makes it so that you can't break to PROM, which may or
              may not be an issue for you

-brian
--
Besides, statistics are different for computers.  Experience has taught
me that if you see one instance, it's an anomaly. If you see two, you're