[rescue] Auction Lot of SS2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 23 20:02:56 CDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Rodito Buan II wrote:

> I found this on ebay if anyone's interested. 36 SS2, they say it comes
> with RAM and some has no HD.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2026399278

Gotta love the guy's attitude:

  "I have placed a $300 reserve on this pallet. Please do not ask me for
   spec's on these I am selling them for so cheap that if I Have to do any
   more work on them other than wrap them with bubble and cardboard. I
   will have my scrapper come pick them up."

Misplaced puncatuation aside, $300 isn't particularly cheap for a pile of
SPARC 2s, most of which are without hard drives (and probably hard drive
carriers).

But supposedly they've all been powered on and all fire up; it's too much
"work" for the seller to write down one line of the POST banner.

And you can all chew me out later.  Once I get on my feet again, I'll be
looking for an assload of SPARC-2s.  But, right now, $300 sounds like
awful lot for a pile of SS2s in unknown configurations and unknown
condition.

--Jonathan