[rescue] RS/6000 thinkpad

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu May 23 14:30:26 CDT 2002

 One is humming on my desk right now :). Model 7007-N40, 64Mb RAM, 340Mb disk,
extra battery pack (it looks like I can click it onto the thinkpad, but somehow
that doesn't work) and a car adapter. Unfortunately I don't have any of those
nifty adapter cables and no root password :(. But it works! I'm now looking at
a (green!) login prompt, networking is up so it probably can be hacked via the
network interface (any pointers?).

 So basically I need an AIX 3.1.5 N40 cd (of course I only have a Xerox 4.1.5
cd for powerstacks, but I was hoping to netboot it with a mini-root so I can
nuke the passwd. I now AIX 4.1.5 isn't supported, but would i have a chance
that this might work?) and a SCSI adapter cable (this is a square scsi
connector, reminds me of the P70 I had). Any leads? Is this scsi connecter
compatible with anything on this planet? What also is weird that according to
the faq this thing should have some mini-aui ethernet connector, but mine has
an AUI-connection (which is auctually very nice, I have lots of AUI-
transceivers).

  Michiel