[rescue] OT: can a tape device be mounted?

Guy Yasko gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp
Thu May 23 16:37:08 CDT 2002

>>>>> "Loomis," == Loomis, Rip <GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com> writes:

    Loomis,> However, I would also be interested in being able
    Loomis,> to play MP3s from a DAT drive, since my R3K Indigo is
    Loomis,> currently planned to become an MP3 kiosk in our lab...

couldn't you just use DATman?  mp3age would be a problem, but
otherwise, that might be easier.

    Loomis,>   --Rip (and yes, these are my own MP3s from CDs I own,
    Loomis,> not for trading or riling up the RIAA.)

that's fine, but don't think you're giving the musicians a break by
not trading/collecting mp3s.  all their money has been pre-stolen by
the record companies.

Guy Yasko -- gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

I want to dress you up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and cover you with VASELINE
and WHEAT THINS ...