[rescue] NCD Xterms

Sean Cody null-sun-rescue at tfh.ca
Thu May 23 04:46:20 CDT 2002

->So I have managed to rescue two NCD xterms with 16megs of memory a piece
->and no internal boot device (pcmcia). However I have yet to find a way to
->get the boot image required to boot these suckers. Any ideas, they are the
->HMX model with ps2 keyboard, serial mouse, and aui network card.
->
I believe I can help you there.

I just picked up an Explora an Explora Pro an ECX and and MCX.
I managed to aquire the old NCDWare and the new NCDWare as well and would
be willing to upload them to somewhere for you.

As to setting them up I'm just using rarpd and tftp.
Just run tftp with a directory that you have your boot images in (eg
/boot) and add an entry for the xterm in /etc/ethers whose format is
MACADDR\tab\hostname then make sure to have the hostname defined in hosts
with an ip.

--
Sean
"You asked me how to cure your headache, use a gun."