[rescue] Re: Anyone have the eisacfg for a Dell PowerEdge 2200?

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Wed May 22 19:32:50 CDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Robert Novak wrote:
>On Tue, 21 May 2002, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
>
>> I bought a Dell PowerEdge 2200 for almost nothing.  It has the following specs:
>>
>> Anyway, to get a 333MHz processor in this thing I need to bring the BIOS up to
>> version A05 (I downloaded A07 from Dell this afternoon), but I also need the
>> eisacfg (yep, it's got both an EISA bus as well as a PCI bus) program which
>> can be found only on the Dell Server Supplemental CD (I think that's right).
>> Any one got one?
>
>Have you checked Dell's support site? I see an EISA_D08.EXE up there but I
>can't seem to get a non-premiersupport url for it. Try
>www.dell.com/support/ and see what you can find there. You should be able
>to put in the service tag number or the model number and get applicable
>downloads. If you're really stuck, drop me a note offlist and I'll grab it
>for you.
>
>--Rob

Thank you Rob!!!...you da'man!  I searched all over that support site for this
thing and I could not find it for the life of me.  I was able to download this
puppy and it's pretty much what I needed.  I checked with a friend of mine who
used to work at Dell and he doesn't think it's really even needed, because the
docs don't really mention anything more than the fact that version D07 is
needed in order to see the 300/333MHz processors.  I think that Dell tech
support uses the eisacfg utility to make sure that the processors are installed
properly...just a guess.  Thanks again.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky               			E-mail:  ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Engineer				idubraws at cisco.com