[rescue] Sunpc Card

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Tue May 21 17:28:53 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 10:56 am, you wrote:
> Eric Webb wrote:
> > Remember that the bridgeboard was mostly just a ROM board, IIRC, and had
> > no actual target system hardware.  I thought it was 100% software-based.
> > At that rate, though, you could theoretically emulate anything using
> > it...
>
> Nope, the Bridgeboard had I believe a 286 on it. It was a PC on a card.
> You're thinking of the AMAX card, where you had to put a couple of Mac
> ROMs on it, and the emulation was in software. As a matter of fact, if
> anyone is interested in it, I think I still have an Amax card here with
> Mac+ ROMs on it.

Hmm...  Oh geez, you're right...  I was thinking of the Emplant card.  I've
got a 286 Bridgeboard here myself.  The Emplant would take ROMs from several
sources and offered special serial ports (for Mac emulations as I recall,
been a while).  Not sure what other hardware it had on it, but I don't recall
any actual processor living on it.

-E.