[rescue] OT: can a tape device be mounted?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue May 21 11:20:51 CDT 2002

I had had a similar thought a while back relating to mp3 files and a 8gb
8mm tape. )That would play for a while, eh?) I was going to use a
buffering program called "bag" that helped us buffer input from a
ncpfs-mounted Netware server when we backed it up to the 8mm drive on a
Linux box.

Sorry, but that's as far as I got. ;) I thought that something like dd
would read the tape, pipe the output to bag which would then pipe the
output to a command-line mp3 player....