[rescue] Sunpc Card

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon May 20 21:56:15 CDT 2002

> > SunPC is a software solution, but it either stands alone
> > providing x86 emulation for DOS, etc, or if present, it
> > will use the SunPC card to do x86 operations in hardware as
> > opposed to software.
>
> Umm...I'll defer to George on this, but from my testing I
> thought that SunPC software was only there to enable the SunPC
> card--without the hardware, the software appeared useless.

Actually, IIRC the SunPC software alone will emulate a 286 or 386, it does
all the emulation in software.  If it detects the SunPC card, it will use it
to deliver full 486 functions.  I seem to remember that with hardware
acceleration, you can have up to 4 SunPC windows (sessions) running
simultaneously on the same machine... (although only one of them will get the
full benefit of the Hardware acceleration at a time.)

George