[rescue] Curious about an ss1000E

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 20 18:08:18 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Janos wrote:

> Someone is offering me an ss1000e gratis and I was just wondering how big it
> is, how heavy it is and what it eats (110V or 220V?).

Likely, it'll use 110.  It weighs 70# empty, and can weigh almost 140#
fully loaded with disks and cards and that mammoth power supply.  It's
been a while since I lugged one around, but it's not immovable.

  http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/sun/samples/1000E-samples.html

Take it.  It's a nice Sun box.  But it does eat a decent amount of
current, and does shed a decent bit of heat.  But, you can toss 8
SuperSPARCs in it.

--Jonathan