[rescue] IBM on ebay

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat May 18 09:20:51 CDT 2002

On Saturday 18 May 2002 01:15 am, you wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Eric Webb wrote:
> > > Like hell.  That 66MHz turns in 10.4 specFP95 (that's roughly
> > > comparable to a 175MHz mips R10000, a 200MHz UltraSparc or a 350MHz
> > > Pentium II).  Int perf is lower but it's still no slouch.
> >
> > Oh yeah, did I ever mention that that 66Mhz turns out a lot of heat as
> > well?
> >
> > *ducks from Sridhar*
>
> *WHAP!*
>
> Get a proper air conditioner, Eric!

Heh, the air conditioner works fine, but the wife won't let me freeze her in
the living room just to keep my office comfy :)  Unfortunately, no good ideas
came from the air conditioning discussion we had a few weeks ago, so I'm just
going to have to wait until we get a house with a basement (no window units
in the front, please...)

-E.