[rescue] IBM on ebay

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 17 21:17:04 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:13:36PM -0400, Eric Webb wrote:
> I think there are some old and unknown condition 6091-19's, but I doubt I'll
> get any of those.  We found out that we can attach them to our 43p's
> (machines are on maintenance, monitors aren't) and if they're bad we can get
> IBM to replace it with a new/refurb P200.... pretty sweet.

We did something like this at work last year.  Found out that ALL of the
servers in the datacenter had support contracts *for monitors as well*, even
if the boxes were headless with serial consoles!  So, we dug out all the
old crapped-out 19"s and 20"s we had, a couple guys brought in some decrepit
ones from home, etc, and we got all of them swapped out for brand new Sun/
Sony 21"s.  All the sysadmins were happy that week; most of us went from 17"
to 21". 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford