[rescue] Re: D1000s + A?000 in a 42U chassis - SCSI Q rev 2

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Fri May 17 21:22:30 CDT 2002

Thanks to your help, I found this..

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/A3500/A3500.html
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/A3500/component.rear.control.html

and this:
Sun StorEdge A3000 Controller Module Guide * May 1998

Description
The StorEdge A3000 controller module (FIGURE 1-1) is a compact unit designed to
provide high-performance disk array management services. Constructed for
installation and integration into StorEdge A3500 systems, the controller module
supports dual SCSI hosts on a 16-bit SCSI-2 bus. In addition, the unit provides
the same SCSI-2 bus interface for drive trays in the expansion cabinet. There
are two SCSI controllers inside the controller module that use five independent
drive channels to manage data distribution and storage for up to 60 disk
drives.
The controllers perform system status and fault detection functions as well.
The controller module chassis houses several removable, portable canisters:

ooo I want one! any A3000 s on eBay, or so I have to wait til the next
dotcom collapse..

(bet its an expensive f()&*n' battery though..)

*Almost* makes me want a real khaki pants - denim cisco shirt corporate job..