[rescue] IRIX software question

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Fri May 17 09:17:31 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:40:31AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:46:38AM -0400, Chris Petersen wrote:
> >
> > Now, uncommon is the 4DDN 5.3 that I've got sitting at home.  DECNet for
> > IRIX, shudder...We used to run that "back in the day" to keep our SGIs
> > hooked up to our OpenVMS Alpha 1.5 Alphas and VMS 5.5-2 VS3100s...Then we
>
> that's for IRIX 5.3 though right?  if that would work with 6.5 i would be
> happy.  DECnet is neat!!

Yep.  I *might* have a copy for 6.2, but I don't think we ever had a version
for 6.5.  I'll have to check :)

> > hit OpenVMS Alpha 6.2 and "discovered" the joys of UCX...
>
> i don't know if you use VMS anymore, but Multinet kicks the crud out of UCX
> in stability and performance. :)

Yeah, without a doubt.  But we were a capital-D DEC shop, so we did it by
the book :)  Even UCX was better than ftp several gigs of CAD files when we
finally did migrate from VMS to OSF/1 back in '94-95...

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions