[rescue] IBM on ebay

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Thu May 16 23:10:47 CDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > > if you are looking to buy me a mainframe class RS/6000 though, i won't complain
> > > too loudly. ;)
> >
> > Define "mainframe class".  8-)
>
> "mainframe class" is what ever big ass one he's giving me. ;)

The only RS/6000's that have anything approaching "mainframe class"
performance are SP's, which are essentially smaller RS/6000's with
ancillary I/O processing and shared-memory clustering.  I want one. 8-)

> > SMIT kicks much ass.
>
> i hated it at first.  i still hate it.  but i hate linux more.

I like it a lot.  I just wish it would be possible to have the choice of
either using SMIT or using a text editor.  Using non-editable databases is
bullshit.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"