[rescue] Sun Array question

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 16 20:54:24 CDT 2002

> >  I would like to run [an RSM-214 array shelf] off of my
> > Sparc 20, but is that even possible? Do I need a cable, a
> > card, a different machine, what? :)

> You need a 68pin cable [SNIP] and a differential controller
> card (preferably fast-wide, but fast narrow should work I'm
> told...

To clarify:  You need a differential SCSI controller--HVD
narrow might work with a 50- to 68-pin cable, and supposedly
won't be any slower (there's some question as to whether the
HVD interface in these things ever does wide SCSI).

For the clamshell brackets, contact building 13 (IIRC,
sales at building13.com but they sell on eBay all the time) and
ask for a quote for however many brackets at their "buy it
now" price.  I got 5 brackets for $35 shipped, which seemed
like a Good Deal--they know what they're doing and the
clamshells have the (very necessary) internal metal mounting
plates.

  --Rip