[rescue] SS10 Sbus slot count

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu May 16 15:51:52 CDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I guess I need to either lower expectations on my file server or purchase
> a PCI machine then.  Crap.  That is still going to mean needing 5 PCI
> slots, assuming it is a headless box.

Expensive, probably.  You'd need 2 single-slot FDDI cards, a DWIS/S and
either a FWD/fastether combo card (third party) or a SunSwift with a
diff/SE converter to fit in a SS20.

You'd only need 4 PCI slots in a PCI Sun.  2 for FDDI cards, one for a
dual-UWD and one for fastether.  Since you get a fastether onboard on any
PCI Sun you may or may not need the extra port on a card.

I question the utility of stuffing all that into one box, but to each his
own.

-James