[rescue] DSL Routers

Jeffrey Sharp lists at subatomix.com
Thu May 16 13:33:46 CDT 2002

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> I bought a Linksys BEFSR41, and it works for most things, but I'm having
> problems with port forwarding from one incoming port to a different port

On my BEFSR81, you can't do that at all. I'm probably not running the latest
firmware on it, though.

> Also, incoming FTP doesn't work at all.

I tried incoming FTP a month or two ago, hosting some files for a group
project in a CS class. It generally worked, but transfer rates were
typically *very* slow, connections froze, and files were truncated. SSH
connections worked just fine.

Of course, we didn't try FTP from a NATed client...

--
Jeffrey Sharp