[rescue] Tsparc 170 board questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 15 18:01:44 CDT 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Jeremy RJ Towers wrote:

> Really?  could you expand on this please Rip?  Any references?

None, needed, really.  I ran an LX with two 32MB memory modules for over
three years without incident.

> I guess they must also be full parity?

ALL Sun memory must be true parity.

> And so where can I get some?

I got mine at the local PC wholesale shop.  It can probably be found on
eBay or a small computer shop with a clue (ie: not someplace like
CompUSA).  Just make sure it's 72-pin, true parity (not logic parity),
70ns or 60ns fast page mode memory (not EDO).

Supposedly, only the first bank can take 32MB SIMMs.  I never tried them
in any of the other banks, but this advice is pretty-much omnipresent, so
I see no reason to discredit it.

--Jonathan