[rescue] Offers for unknown config blue SGI Indy pizzaboxes

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Wed May 15 14:22:27 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 03:17 pm, you wrote:
>     >> > I am discussing an offer for a half dozen little blue Indy
>     >>
>     >> workstations > with a liquidator. All I can find out is they
>     >> are the little blue Indy > pizza boxs, w/ camera (and camera IN
>     >> ports) and SGI monitor and > KBD/mouse. He did send photos. no
>     >> cool graphics subsystems. Any interest?  > & at what
>     >> pricepoint? we are arguing 50-75 per complete system. shipping
>     >>
>     >> > addtl*. I'm afraid they will have passwords on them.. CPU
>     >>
>     >> unknown mem > unknown drive unknown.
>     >>
>     >> > Please contact off list. also if its a stupid idea.
>
>     Mike> Unless they have hard disks and memory this is not a good
>     Mike> deal.
>
> Doesn't that depend on what that monitor is ?

Not from my perspective. You lose either way. Big monitor, heavy EXPENSIVE to
ship. Little monitor, well not worth much and still expensive to ship.

Lose-lose deal IMHO. There are nice complete systems going for less than $100
(ok add a little bit for a tube) on eBay. This 'deal' is for unknown hard
disk and memory.

If the goal is to get a nice system for ones self get on on ebay, if you are
trying to make a buck on these good luck.

Mike N