[rescue] Converting to postfix

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed May 15 13:55:38 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:33:52AM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> I'm going to convert from sendmail to postfix.  I know some
> people on this list have already converted, so I'm curious
> to know if there is anything I should watch for.

IIRC sendmail -t doesn't work. That broke some cgi's in one place I've
seen converted. Similiarly sendmail may live in spooky places (like
/usr/lib !) and this may go away..

In other words, look out for things that want to use sendmail (the
command) for sending mail. There's also a nice statistics script or you
could do something of your own to trap the errors (postfix logs pretty
nicely) and the reasons and you may catch some problems.
Also watch things like httpd error logs for a while.