[rescue] Apple xserve -- I want one

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed May 15 09:41:15 CDT 2002

> The thing I hadn't noticed until now is that each box has
> its own CD-ROM...on the *back*.  So I would have to pull
> each box out of the rack in order to install OS/updates
> from a CD-ROM?  That could get painful really quickly...

Aren't you supposed to have 24" between the rack and the wall (or other
rack)- or is that just my anal-retentive layaout?

Either way, it wouldn't be a deal-killer for me.  They're sooo pretty -
pretty like an SGI...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."