[rescue] IBM on ebay

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Tue May 14 18:22:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:

> >> Wow, a risk-free way to get into an IBM mainframe environment. If I had 6K
> >> I'd do it.
>
> >Anybody know what the *smallest* S/390 is?  Is it one of those goes-in-an-AT
> >cards?
>
> Aside from the obvious performance issues, wasn't that AT/390 thingy
> actually not fully compatable?

You are confusing the P/370 with the P/390.  The P/370 goes in a PC (might
even go down to XT), and is compatible with the S/370 architecture.  The
P/390 fits in either a PCI or Microchannel slot and is compatible with
ESA/390/G4.  The P/390E is PCI only and is compatible with ESA/390/G4.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"