[rescue] RE: Submarine batteries

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon May 13 11:16:04 CDT 2002

Another possible source for inverters is showbiz.  I have a cousin who does audio in Calif. for all kinds of shows, and they use some pretty big stuff in some pretty remote locations.  Most of the time with generators, but not always.  Either way, they definitely use large scale power conditioning in either case.  He did audio once for some "green" event, where the goal was to run from Solar/battery bank, but the batteries couldn't supply the current and the power was clipping pretty bad, which isn't good for electronics, so he stuck a generator behind a bus and ran an extension cord and nobody was the wiser.

Tim