[rescue] New to list - introduction

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon May 13 09:42:57 CDT 2002

Greetings folks - new to list, thought I'd introduce myself...

The focus of my collection is HP2100 and HP1000 stuff, DEC PDP-8 and DEC
PDP-11, and Data General Nova. I currently have two HP2100 cpus (looking
desperately for a third), and about 5 various 21MX cpus. I have a PDP-8E,
PDP-11/44, a bunch of 11/23 & 11/73 systems, and a 11/34a on the way. I also
have acquired a Data General Nova 1200 but it has not yet arrived (shipping
racks is a pain). I also have a deal pending on a Microdata Reality as well.
For all these systems I have the typical peripherals (RL02's, 7970 tape
drives, 7900, 7905, & 7906 disc drives, paper tape readers & punches, etc.).

The centerpiece of my collection is a running HP2000/Access TimeShared BASIC
system. Hopefully will have one of my 21MX's running HP2000/E soon too.

While my focus is strictly minis, I have "accidentally" amassed probably one
of the largest Heathkit collections around including about 6 or 7 H89's, two
H8's, an H100, and a few apples. For the Heaths I probably have every piece
of software ever put out, plus complete user group mailings & archives, etc.
I don't actively try to increase the micro side of my collection, but it was
a sentimental value thing.

As to rescues, I'm more than happy to pick stuff up for people if they need
it. I do have access to several vans and will gladly help anyone rescue a
system that is in my geography. I'm located in St. Louis, MO.

Regards,

Jay West