[rescue] Sun Blade 100 Question - IDE

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri May 10 11:25:18 CDT 2002

> Kurt, IDE == Broken technology.  Adding another disk can very well
> decrease performance on an IDE system, if both drives are on the same
> bus (cable).

Bah!  It's CRAP!  Obviously not Scottish...

Here I was thinking that a couple cheap IDE dries in a P200 systems
would make a decent fileserver.  Screw that.  Looks like I'll be keeping
the Adaptec SCSI card and using more SCSI disks...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."