[rescue] Mailing List Software

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu May 9 15:05:50 CDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> Well, while I am not a fan of the GPL in any form, I have a friend who is on
> the Listar development team. Evidently Stallman approached them and asked
> them to merge with the Mailman project or stop development because, in his
> words, there was no room in the free software world for two competing list
> processors.

I don't know, maybe this actually happened.  But I have seen FAR too
much of people telling stories about "my friend had this happen to them".
It seems really common with the more abrasive personalities.  And it always
bugs me too, cause it's like, this person is a total a***ole and you have
to MAKE STUFF UP to criticise them?

I'm not saying you or your friend made it up... but when I start hearing
"XYZ person is bad because a friend of a friend had this happen", I don't
put that much stock in it.

--Kurt