[rescue] Raised flooring question(s)

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu May 9 14:22:32 CDT 2002

I have rescued some raised flooring and am in the process of cleaning
it up and getting it ready for installation in my little datacenter.

I am cleaning up the bottom of the little feet and removing the
linoleum flooring that is stuck to it.  Apparently they used a black
tar like glue to glue each foot to the floor.

I am installing onto bare, clean concrete.  Do I need to put down some
kind of adhesive, or can I just put down the feet, and add flooring on
top?

I am not putting mainframes on top, just some desks and shelving and
racks to hold pc-sized stuff.  I do have an Auspex that weighs 800
lbs.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo