[rescue] who here is familiar with turbosparc 170's?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu May 9 10:12:35 CDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I've found it interesting too that the similar bug in the UltraSparc 1
> chips got so little press.

It's bypassable in 32-bit mode, and few UltraSparc-I based systems have a
real need for the 64-bit kernel.  Sun could have simply said "no 64-bit
kernel on US-I", but I am glad that they gave us the option.

Another mistake in reporting, I think: the infamous Pentium "CPU ID".
There was nothing new or magical about it, but it was blamed for
everything from loss of privacy to the cost of tea in china.

-James