[rescue] help - running apps in solaris 8

Andrew Howat Andrew.Howat at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 9 10:46:18 CDT 2002

I've got the apps from the sun solaris software companion cd, and I've got a
lot of apps installed in /opt/sfw/bin/ (for example gmake or emacs.)
Now I know it's possible to run them from the command, no matter of location,
just by typing "gmake" or whatever. But I don't know how to set this up. I can
currently type "admintool" and it'll bring it up, whether I'm in root or in
/home or wherever. But how do I add the /opt/sfw/bin/ so I can do that with
the companion software?

Plus: does anyone have any better framebuffers than the sparcstation 10
standard model? The Gimp is currently content on turning my purple solaris
desktop into a crazy shade of green!

Andrew