[rescue] got a few spares and need a few spares (UK)

Andrew Howat Andrew.Howat at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 9 04:29:21 CDT 2002

Hi all

[request part]
Right, I've finally got my sparc 10 up and running. It's finally running sol
8 (after numerous reinstalls and configgers due to dumbness on my part -
who'da thunk that the solaris install disk doesn't actually install
solaris?) etc. But I now realise for all the stuff I want to try to do on
it, I need more space. So I think I need another hard drive for it, so I can
play with a lot of the GNU stuff that I use at university.
So if anyone's got a hard drive for a Sparcstation 10 that works, I'd be
very interested?

[spares bit]
I've got a few spares now from my quest to get the sparc up and running, so
if anyone's interested, I've got:
a working Sun 411 CDROM drive with cables
a dead external SCSI cable (might be useful to someone, you never know!)
a possibly dead 13W3 to 13W3 cable
an internal seagate barracuda hard drive (ST39173WC) which is about 9 Gb (I
don't know if this works)
a 80 - 50 pin SCSI adapter to go with the hard drive
Finally: a sparcstation 10 shell, with motherboard, frame buffer and power
supply.

Anyone's welcome to them for reasonable prices (I'm a poor student!) or
trade if they've got useful spares for my sparc 10. Otherwise the parts go
on ebay.co.uk. I'd rather send stuff just within the UK, but i will send
bits abroad if need be.

Thanks

Andrew H