[rescue] Trenton Computerfest find (Ultra Enterprize 3000)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 8 21:05:31 CDT 2002

> > I paid $400 for it (the UE 3000).  I don't know if this was
> > a good deal or not, since I'm not familiar (yet) with the 3000.
>
> *jaw hitting floor*

Ditto.  Al, yeah and verily thou sucketh.  For the config
of our E3K (4x170MHz, 1GB RAM, etc.) I would expect to pay
perhaps $2k-$3k from a reasonable eBay seller and maybe
2x to 3x that number on resale with warranty/support of
any kind.  (I think of ours as 4 Ultra 1s in one box plus
a 711 disk array...but it's not that simple and an E3K
is much nicer in many ways.)  Yours is better than that,
which means (IMHO) you underpaid by an order of magnitude.
Dude--even for a system with unknown real condition, that's
a magnificent pillaging of the computer show.

I'll take a look at our E3K tomorrow hopefully (while I'm
putting in the memory from Rob Novak, thanks Rob) and see if
I can answer your question about SBus TGX cards and slots.
Please let me know if you suddenly decide you don't have
the space for an E3K...but I'll take a number and stand in
line for that one.

  --Rip