[rescue] u5>u30?!?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed May 8 20:36:56 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On ebay, U5s seem to be going for more than U30s.  What's up with
> that?  Seems to me that U5s should be the cheapest Ultras next to the U1s.

Screw that.  I'll take a U1-E any day over a U5 - hands down.  My
U1-170E Creator2D is much more responsive than the U5 I use from time to
time.

U30s, are going for very attractive prices - I got one for $500 with
400Mhz, 256MB Ram, 2x4GB, Elite3d, and SunPCi.  Sold the Elite3d and
SunPCi, bought a 36GB drive that came with a metal spud, slammed the 4GB
drives into my U1, and my net was $400.

I'll agree though, that the U5 should be way less than the U30.  There
simply isn't a comparison there - apples to crabapples (they are both
Sun after all).
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."