[rescue] Re: u5>u30?!?

Ken Caruso ken at ipl31.net
Wed May 8 19:40:03 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 18:29, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > But yeah just spent $120 bucks for an 80gig (drool) ide drive to stick
> > in my u5 at home.
>
> I think you got shafted, I'm seeing them for $80...

Well I went for the instant gratification at CrapUSA, and it is a
7200rpm, but yes $1 gig is a good deal, was that retail or online, 5400
or 7200?

> > We have 5 firewalls that are u5 with ide drives and we have had disks
> > die in two of them in the past three years. Which I consider to be right
> > on par with IDE disks.
>
> Mirrored, I hope?
> 	Greg

At the time I think mirrored was probably thought to be too resource
expensive ( I dont know if it really is that much of slow-down).

Thank god gauntlet backs up the config everyday to recovery disk.

Ken