[rescue] Ultra 5 OBP Ugrade

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremy.towers at btopenworld.com
Wed May 8 19:32:17 CDT 2002

search for flash

Patch-ID# 106121-17
Date: Apr/10/2002

Solaris Release: 7 8

SunOS Release: 5.7 5.8

Unbundled Product: Hardware/PROM
    NOTE: This utility is *not* OS-dependent.  The list of releases shown
          under the "Solaris Release" and "SunOS Release" sections may not
          be complete: The absence of a valid Solaris Release or SunOS
          Release from the lists above does not preclude the installation
          of this patch against the hardware.

I doubt if this is the problem.  When the OS is running the boot PROM is
not consulted. At startup time, a path to the device is established, not
parameters about the device internals

boot Solaris from cdrom and install from that. Use tape or network to
place patch in /tmp and install following instructions in patch.

regards

Jeremy