[rescue] Energy

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed May 8 18:53:14 CDT 2002

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>What that has to do with this is that while nuclear seems great now, what
>will the growing piles of waste do in a hundred years?  I don't think nuclear
>should be abandoned because it still seems to have great potential, if only
>we could figure out what to do with the waste other than leave it to the
>grand kids.

If you look at the Big Picture, fission is a horrible, messy, ugly
hack used briefly by civilizations before they figure out fusion.

I think we should just wait for fusion. (Well, not passively. :-)
We should be funding the hell out of it right now.)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------