[rescue] Ultra 5 OBP Ugrade

Ken Caruso ken at ipl31.net
Wed May 8 18:46:25 CDT 2002

I have searched on Sun's site for how to upgrade the OpenBoot firmware
on my Ultra 5 (270mhz). Every search I have tried on sun.com comes up
with product pages, and Big Admin didnt seem to be much help either,
maybe my searching skills are not up to par.

Anyways so I have an Ultra5 that I am running Linux and OpenBSD on. I
attempted to install an 80gig disk and Linux only saw the disk as
11gigs.

I am assuming that I need to upgrade the OpenBoot firmware to get the
drive properly recognized however I yet to find clear instructions on
how to upgrade the firmware, and no indication of wether or not I can do
this without Solaris installed on the machine.

Thanks

--
Ken Caruso

ken at ipl31.net

"The telephone has too many shortcomings to
be seriously considered as a means of communication.
The device is inherently of no value to us,"

-Western Union Internal Memo