[rescue] Storage Works Raid

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed May 8 15:31:17 CDT 2002

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021551678
>
> Is this gadget any good?  I see a management port, but it looks like
> it is intended for only hardware 0, 1, 10 from what I can find on the
> net.  I'm thinking I might try to snag it, but the auction ends at a bad
> time for sniping.

I have two.  The RA310 does mirroring, striping, and RAID5.
The host interface is FWD and the two raid channels are
fast narrow SE.  The backplane does allow the use of FW SE
drives, though (as opposed the the BA350, which is narrow
and doesn't allow FW SE drives).

There's an internal battery that may be bad.  A replacement
will cost about $50, or you can use an external UPS.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net