[rescue] MacOS

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed May 8 08:06:13 CDT 2002

Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> We just got a Mac here at work and I am trying to figure it
> out. Since a lot of you run MacOS X, I figure you guys have
> lots of recommended sites. Care to share?

   I used to manage Macs before I moved up to Sun stuff, and I was a
long-time subscriber to the Mac Managers mailing list: www.mac-mgrs.org --
check out the searchable archives, arguably the best (only?) feature of the
site.
   It's a questions-and-summaries-only list (i.e., no discussion, a la Sun
Managers) but most of the readers are very disciplined about including lots
of information.
   More personally, I bought a 600 MHz G3 iMac last week. Not state of the
art, but a mature product, and very durable (for the kids!). I haven't used
a Mac in a year or more, but I tried early Mac OS X Server, so this is a
_lot_ of fun!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt