[rescue] Re: Re: No Pickup (was: MTI DAS9000 disk array)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue May 7 22:26:18 CDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Since USPS Priority mail has got tracking and delivery confirmation, I
> > always quote the shipping price in any auction I post.  Sometimes I eat
> > $.50, somtimes I go over $.50, but I never gouge  - and if the buyer
> > doesn't agree to the shipping, they had no business bidding to begin
> > with.
>
> And now that I sound like an ass, I've always let buyers pickup their
> items -

I've started doing this... most of what I sell is fairly small though, and
very few people want to try out a monitor cable these days :) I tend to
let people pick up heavy items, although I do tend to have them meet me at
work rather than at home. Work is less cluttered :)

> and even turn them on and try them out before taking them home...

I HOPE you mean the purchase, not the buyer. :) Although I guess it
depends on the buyer. Most of my buyers have the wrong plumbing for my
preferences.

--Rob