[rescue] Sun 36gig drives

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 7 13:09:59 CDT 2002

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1327259398
>
> Someone else posted this before.  Anyway, is there some problem with these
> that any one can tell, because they just aren't moving.  I'm thinking

I know for a fact that they work, and they're quite fast.  I bought a
couple of these just over a month ago, and I'm very pleased.  They are
SCA drives, so the Intel crowd, and especially the Windows crouwd, won't
know what to do with them (scuzzy?  what's that?).

> of picking up one or two for myself so that I can just my lintel server.

Go for it.  When I find work I'm going to try to find a few for my
Octane.  I also found a JBOD backplane for SCA drives recently, I just
have to figure out what spec it is and wether I can  it in an external
case.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com
Editor: "We need a new food critic, someone who doesn't immediately
poo-poo everything he eats."
Homer: "Naw, that usually takes a few hours."