[rescue] Alpha Maybe?

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Sun May 5 21:08:21 CDT 2002

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:

> On Sun, 5 May 2002, Linc Fessenden wrote:
>
> > That was my first thought in the subject actually..  I don't turn my
> > computers off so it's not a problem...  However, the power around here
> > really sucks and thunderstorm season is almost here....
>
> That's what UPSes are for.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

No, that's *not* what UPS's are for..  UPS's are to give you enough time
to shut your system down gently instead of just having them shut off.  My
power goes down here for 1/2 to 1 hour at a time and then sometimes I have
low voltage situations as it comes back up.  Now a UPS and a generator
might work, but they won't let me run a generator in my apartment.

--
-Linc Fessenden