[rescue] Nerd Desks?

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Sun May 5 20:11:32 CDT 2002

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> > Two words:  banquet tables.
> >
> > They're cheap and they take a beating.
>
> Do you mean those folding tables often used in offices?  I have one
> that is worthless.  I bought an 8 footer, thinking I'd have plenty of
> room for computers.  However, it's built so cheaply that even a PC
> will make it sag in the middle.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.  Banquet tables don't
fold.  Only their leg assemblies fold under the surface.  I have well over
a hundred lbs on one and it hasn't budged an inch.  I've seen them with
300+ lbs. of stuff on them.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"