[rescue] Re: SBE/S

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun May 5 16:03:19 CDT 2002

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I was being sloppy with my terms.  What I really meant is a nice approximation
> of continueous tone.  I think you are write that lasers never do true continous
> tone.  However, variable dot size helps make things seem more continous.

That's where I was confused.  Every Tektronix printer I've seen can do
that, but they've all been wax-transfer, rather than laser.  I didn't
think that they'd make lasers that couldn't dither.

Even so, such a printer would be more than adequate for text and
diagrams--in fact, for pretty much everything except for the Windows/Mac
definition of "desktop publishing" and the printing of photos.

--Jonathan