[rescue] Nerd Desks?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sat May 4 18:58:43 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 07:39:16PM -0400, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:

> I know a lot of us have 10 or more networked computers at home and 5 or more
> monitors. I am wondering what everyone uses as a desk for this. I would like
> all my machines and monitors and keyboards located at one desk, and it seems
> all the desks you see are designed for 1-2 computers. (Please, if possible
> include pictures of your setup).

my solution to the problem was as follows.

how many machines with heads do i really need?  well, the answer to that is not
very many.  at the current time there will be two machines with heads.  the
Octane, which is my primary workstation, and the RM Onyx, cause, well, i mean,
really, with that much graphics horsepower it'd be silly to not put a head on
it. ;)

other than that, the VAX 3540 will get a head once i find a tube that works on
it cause, well, it's another one of those machines that exists to have a head
on it, so it'd be silly to do it otherwise.

other than they, everything else is headless.  takes up the least amount of
desk space that way.

so ask yourself.  how many headed machines do you *really* need?

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --